Reddit News has been renamed 'Relay for reddit' due to a change in reddit's licensing policy regarding access to their api.
Relay for reddit is a popular, full-featured app for browsing the website reddit.com: the front page of the internet. Whether you're a casual 'lurker', power user, or even a subreddit moderator, Relay makes redditing easy.
Now beautifully enhanced with Google's new Material Design language, Relay features excellent readability and effortless navigation.
Just some of the Highlights:
• Beautifiul and intuitive interface, inspired by Google's new Material Design language.
• Delightful animations throughout enhance the experience.
• Stories and comments load at the same time. A simple swipe switches between them.
• Inline previewing of pictures, YouTube videos, gifs and imgur's new gifv format.
• Advanced comment navigation features. Skip between comment threads, search for words, highlight new comments and more!
• Optimized layout for phones and tablets.
• Handy tooltips guide you through the app.
• Comprehensive Moderator features including distinguish, stickying posts and banning users.
• Multiple colour themes including sleek black, fresh blue, pretty pink, and relaxing night mode.
• Multiple accounts with full user profile support.
• Reply straight from your full-featured Inbox.
• Notifications for mail, moderator messages and even your modqueue.
• Filter subreddits from your frontpage and r/all
• Spoiler support for all the major subreddits.
• Extensive customisation options including font style and size, left-handed viewing and much more.
• Color coded comment threads.
• Hi-resolution thumbnails.
• Add Friends funtionality - their comments are highlighted.
• Submit links and original content.
• Search reddit or individual subreddits.
• Subscribe to subreddits or let Relay choose one randomly.
• Rageface and MLP emoticons (MLP support via PonyMotes app)
Head over to the Reddit News subreddit to ask questions or request features directly to the developer - me... https://www.reddit.com/u/dbrady
Relay for reddit is an unofficial app. Reddit and the Reddit alien logo, trademark and trade dress are registered trademarks owned by Reddit Inc.
- Updated to android latest support library
- Material styled dialogs for pre-lollipop devices
- Tweaked Animation interpolators
- fix for previewing imgur links ending in 'l'
- fix for spoiler in GOT subreddits
- fix for crash when loading more comments and animation scale is zero
- temporarily removed SPDY support as it appears to be the cause of reddit requests no longer loading in some cases until an app restart
- reduced sensitivity of swipe back from comments