Browse various US National Weather Service radar sites over Google Maps and view animated radar images.
* User selectable declutter filter (removes fog/mist)
* Supports nine different NWS radar products
* View the static US national mosaic
* View multiple concurrent radar sites
* Both map and satellite view
See http://tinfoilninja.com/redsky/quickstart.html for the quickstart guide.
A long press on the either the radar load button or the mosaic button will initiate a reload of that object.
Touch the radar product label in the main title bar to list the available radar products.
Requires Coarse Location, Internet and Network State permissions.
At any given time specific radars may not be accessible or may serve old data.
If you experience problems, please send an email with details to [email protected]
Certain devices may not be capable of supporting 3 simultaneous radars as well as the mosaic. Reducing the number of loaded frames might help.
* Fixed a bug where the national mosaic would not appear on high-res (xhdpi or higher) screens
* Implemented a custom user location marker
* Removed the radar label layer toggle
* Added a color gradient legend
* Moved the menu options into the main app
* Updated the application UI
* Added LGX radar (Langley Hill, WA)
* Fixed several bugs that could lead to FCs
* General code clean-up, including networking and mosaic handling