Android Remote Media Center is a client for remotely controlling and viewing your windows 7 or 8 media center and other windows (xp, vista) media via remote potato server (running on windows).
Works well over wifi, and much better than dlna over 3G, 4G and reportedly edge. Can easily slide forward/backward all kinds of videos.
Specifically it is able to
- Browse and search the EPG Grid (*)
- Browse and Schedule recordings (*)
- Browse channels and programs (*)
- Watch videos in various qualities (low up to HD (720P and 1080))
- Watch recorded tv up to HD (720P and 1080) quality
- Listen to music (with slider and shuffle)
- Browse hires pictures with multitouch
- Remote control (*)
(*) supported only on windows 7 and 8 media center
Needs version 0.98.6 or higher of the Remote Potato Server.
3G, 4G or wifi is advised.
A player like diceplayer, vplayer, rockplayer lite, mx player or moboplayer (try with hard/soft decoding) is needed for video.
- Strongly adviced to NOT using any app while driving or during other dangerous activities.
- RMC streams media which can consume lots of bandwidth especially WHEN using high bitrates - be sure you have a good data plan before you start using 3G and 4G connections to stream your video.
The full version (http://goo.gl/YeklZ) has added features, like live TV and download capability of videos and recorded TV.
Please post bugs/comments at http://myfrem.nl/forum or http://220.127.116.11/forum as I have no technical means to react via comments.
See http://myfrem.net/faq.html for a FAQ.
This product/app is Google Cast™ Ready for which an in-app purchase is necessary.
Google Cast Ready and the Google Cast Ready Badge are trademarks of Google Inc.
- If you use Remote Potato server 2.333.50 or higher you get higher resolution thumbnails for videos/recorded TV;
- Chromecast issue resolved, because Google now associates Chromecast ID with the packagename.