- Accurate automatic time tracking of your mobile apps
- Report your voice call time
- Know where your web site time is spent
- Set yourself alerts and goals to manage your digital life
- Flag milestones and highlight achievements
- Historical productivity reports to see your progress
- Privacy options to chose what you care about
Wonder where your day went? RescueTime is an automatic time and attention tracker that helps individuals and teams propagate good processes and eliminate bad habits. Fight information overload and multitask thrash!
Some fans have this to say:
- Tim Ferris - author of The 4-Hour Work Week: "Simple and powerful. Use this product."
- Chris Sacca - tweets: "try @rescuetime to help achieve efficiency and life balance when using technology"
Our Android app tracks how you spend your mobile time, works great on its own but even better when combined with our computer app.
RescueTime for Android works by noting how long you spend in your mobile apps and phone calls, reporting back to you your efficiency score, top distractions and categories right on your mobile device. There is a handy stopwatch tool for manually tracking things like meetings and exercise, and you can set the productivity as you finish it, without visiting the website.
Full reports and charts, along with goals and alerts features, are available via the web app, and integrate tightly with your computer time, if you add that.
Existing RescueTime users can easily add our Android app to their accounts for free.
New users, you'll get a lifetime free individual web account when activating your app. All new users also get 14 days of Pro web reporting mode, which then reverts to free mode (still very popular!) until upgraded from our site. Be sure to try the desktop / laptop app too. One account is all you need for as many devices as you have.
Key features of Pro are:
- Details reporting, like (Android) contact's names for phone calls and (PC) document names
- Website time reporting on computer and mobile
- (PC only) FocusTime opt-in distraction blocking
- Set alerting rules to get nudged when you spend too much time on distractions or cheer you on when you hit your goals
- Unlimited data history (Free shows recent 2 months only)
Pro Solo RescueTime costs US $9.00 a month, full year at a discounted $72.00, if you want to keep premium services. Free version is free!
-- Support --
RescueTime offers full support of the paid and free subscription. Just log in to our website at www.rescuetime.com and click "help" in the top right corner, then "start a discussion" to create the ticket. You get direct engineer access! Please, before you rate us, give us a chance to help you!
-- Developer Notes: Help us Improve --
LG G3 users: LG has shipped a broken Lollipop OTA update that is missing the "app usage" API. Until they address the problem, our app cannot work for you (unless you stay on Android 4.x).
Android 5 (Lollipop) users: website time tracking is working now.
Good news! Website visits are now reported in browsers on Android devices. Currently supported browsers are Chrome, Chrome (beta), Android Browser, Dolphin. Firefox and DolphinMini are not due to limits in their design.
We require an email because that is our "user name", and it is how we identify your login across multiple devices. Your email is NEVER shared with anyone.
Our app should not be transmitting much data-- on a few hundred KB per day. If you are seeing more than this there could be a problem with your install. Let us know by email, we can track it down! (We are not aware of any issue for this in version 2.0.0.)
If you have ANY issues or questions, please contact us via the help system, or send email to [email protected]
and give us a chance to help you. We happily extend Pro trials if you're setup has any issues.
The permissions we request of your phone are designed to make this tracking possible. More information is available on our website.
2018-01-11 4.2.12 force reregistration on missing API key; streamline reregistration process
2017-12-12 4.2.11 track sites in MS Edge; be less obtrusive when app loses accessibility permission
2017-12-08 4.2.10 don't log duplicate data when daydreaming starts
2017-12-06 4.2.9 consolidate troubleshooting buttons
2017-10-31 4.2.8 prevent time travel into the future; fix some unusual crashes