Ride the City is a bicycle routing application that will help you find a safe bike route from point A to point B in 35 cities (listed below).
Like other mapping and routing applications, Ride the City finds the shortest distance between two points, with a difference. First, Ride the City avoids roads that aren't meant for biking, like highways and busy arterial streets. Second, Ride the City tries to steer cyclists toward routes that maximize the use of bike lanes, bike paths, greenways, and other bike-friendly streets while avoiding steep hills.
The app includes bicycling directions for the following cities:
- ADELAIDE, AUSTRALIA
- ATLANTA, GA
- AUSTIN, TX
- BARCELONA, SPAIN
- BOSTON, MA
- BRISBANE, QUEENSLAND
- CHICAGO, IL
- LOUISVILLE, KY
- LYON, FRANCE
- MADRID, SPAIN
- MARSEILLE, FRANCE
- MELBOURNE, VICTORIA
- MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA
- NEW CASTLE, NEW SOUTH WALES
- NEW YORK CITY, NY
- NICE, FRANCE
- PARIS, FRANCE
- PERTH, WESTERN AUSTRALIA
- PORTLAND, OR
- REYKJAVIK (Including all of Iceland)
- SAN DIEGO, CA (Including all of San Diego County)
- SAN FRANCISCO, CA
- SANTIAGO, Chile
- SEATTLE, WA
- SEVILLA, SPAIN
- SYDNEY, NEW SOUTH WALES
- TORONTO, Ontario
- TOULOUSE, FRANCE
- VALENCIA, SPAIN
- VANCOUVER, British Columbia (including much of the surrounding area)
- WASHINGTON D.C. Metro (Including Arlington, Alexandria, and Fairfax counties in VA, Washington D.C., and the Maryland suburbs within the I-459 Beltway)
- ZARAGOZA, SPAIN
OTHER CITIES ARE NOT AVAILABLE ON THE APP.
* Auto completes addresses: Ride the City remembers your previously entered addresses.
* Works in 26 cities: The Ride the City app now includes all the cities that are present on the Ride the City website (www.ridethecity.com). The app automatically defaults to the city of your location, but you can change the default to any of the other cities.
* Remembers your last route: If you leave the Ride the City app for any reason and come back to it later, it will bring you to the last route you generated, just as you left it.
* Bike shops: Ride the City displays bike shops and bike rental facilities, providing contact information and hours of operation. To find a quick bike route to a bike shop, simply touch a bike shop icon on the map and choose 'bike here'. For the nearest bike shops, just touch the 'Bike Shops' button below the map; Ride the City will display the ten bike shops closest to your current location.
* Route details: When a route is generated, Ride the City displays the distance, estimated biking time, and elevation gain. It also tells you if a street along your route is a bike lane, bike path, or a caution area.
* Feedback: We take your feedback very seriously. Use the 'report an error' button on the bottom left of the map to submit routing problems and suggestions, or you can email us at [email protected]
We will quickly apply your suggestions so you get a better route the next time you use Ride the City.
* Updates: Get free updates as we roll out improvements and new features to make the application better. Let us know if there’s a particular feature that you’d like to see on the app by sending us an email at [email protected]
* Internet connection required: Because the app is accessing Ride the City's central routing server, you will need to have Internet access for the application to work.
* Free version: If you don’t want to purchase the multicity app, you can use http://www.ridethecity.com.
Built by Andrew Nagel.
Ride the City. Safe bike routes made easy.
Fixed bug causing crash when choosing a city / region.