This application lets you follow games of 2016 Summer olympics in Rio. The most useful, intuitive and simple app on Google Play. It is a great app to follow latest news and history of previous summer olympics. It is easy to use and you can quickly access the most needed data by selecting items to get the latest information about olympic events.
Here is the feature list of the app:
• get a digital countdown of the days remaining before the Rio 2016 Summer Olympics begins
• schedule of olympic events
• match details, latest results and statistics
• history of previous summer olympics results
• news about Rio 2016 Summer Olympics
• latest photos from Instagram
• get match details and news using Twitter timeline
• watch videos from offitial Rio 2016 channel on Youtube
• find places of events using Google Maps
The 2016 Summer Olympics (Portuguese: Jogos Olímpicos de Verão de 2016), officially known as the Games of the XXXI Olympiad and as Rio 2016, is a major international multi-sport event due to be celebrated in the tradition of the Olympic Games, as governed by the International Olympic Committee (IOC). The host city of the Games will be Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, announced at the 121st IOC Session held in Copenhagen, Denmark, on October 2, 2009. They are scheduled to be held from August 5 to 21, 2016. There will be 35 competition venues mainly in Barra da Tijuca, but also in three other zones: Copacabana, Deodoro, and Maracanã. It will mark the first time a South American city hosts the event, the third to host in the Southern Hemisphere (and the first time in a Southern Hemisphere country other than Australia), and also the first time a Portuguese speaking country hosts the event. These will be the first Summer Olympic Games since the Sydney 2000 Olympics not to be held in the host nation's capital city and the second Olympics Games in Latin America, after Mexico City in 1968.