An artwork source for Roman Nurik's muzei that displays random pictures from Romain Guy's Flickr photostream.
Romain's photos are freely available for non-commercial projects (such as this one).
The app is FOSS, released under the Apache 2.0 license. You can grab the sources over at https://github.com/frakbot/RomainGuyMuzei and read about the license details.
What's there and what's coming
The app simply scraps the last 100 photos published on Romain's flickr account. It then picks one at random and downloads it at the highest possible resolution (hmmm, pixels...).
These things are slated for later releases:
- Reduce the amount of requests to flickr by updating the photos list only once a day
- Download the whole photoset, not only the last 100 photos
- Add a settings screen (update interval, select album, whatever)
This app is based upon Roman Nurik's Muzei sample source app and uses the Muzei API. Muzei is released under the Apache 2.0 license.
This app uses the Retrofit library from the fine guys over at Square. Retrofit is released under the Apache 2.0 license.
You can find the integral text of the Apache 2.0 license here: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
The app icon was inspired by Eugenio Marletti (@Takhion).
- NEW: improved reliability of the code
- FIX: crash due to Flickr API changes