Route 66 -- The Mother Road -- Main Street of America -- The Will Rogers Highway
Theme your Android phone or tablet with this HD+ selection of vintage and modern Route 66 photos depicting the California stretch from the Arizona border to the terminus of Route 66 in Santa Monica, California.
The idea of Route 66 is deeply ingrained in our American culture in a myriad of ways. It evokes memories of those heading west to escape the days of the Dust Bowl, or the post-WWII migration to California that led to the boom of Los Angeles. It represents uncounted family vacations out to discover new sights with destinations ranging from the Grand Canyon to Disneyland. For most, it is the simple promise of freedom on the open road.
Each stretch of Route 66 maintains a distict character that contributes to the overall lore of the road.
The California stretch is unique as it passes through the Mojave desert into the population center of Los Angeles, passing through Hollywood and along the famed Sunset Strip.
This set tries to capture some of that iconic landscape from the Earl Carroll Theatre to the Santa Monica pier just beyond the terminus at Olympic Blvd.
Additional features of this live wallpaper:
- Explore images as you change your Android phone or tablet screens left and right
- Manually change images with an up/down gesture
- Timer settings to change images automatically (every 30 minutes, every day, etc.)
- Individually adjust the display (brightness, contrast, saturation) of each image
- Enable/disable individual images for display