RoverOpen can be used to remotely control the AC13 Rover robot by the Brookstone® company. RoverOpen is not developed by Brookstone® but by a third-party developer.
The current functionality enables one of the cameras, streams it to your robot and you can move the robot by tilting your phone. Make sure you make first a connection to the robot. Phones that cannot connect to the robot (because they cannot connect to an ad-hoc network, as for example the HTC Wildfire) cannot use this app.
Additional functionality will be added over time. Moreover, this app is open-source. If you are not happy with it, feel free to adjust it to your own needs. But, if you want to publish an altered version on the market, it would be nice if you would contact me beforehand. The code can be found at: https://dev.almende.com/repositories/show/roveropen
NOTICE! Only for phones with ad-hoc capabilities!!! In general your cell needs to be ROOTED!!! Or you will not see ad-hoc networks. First test by connecting to your Rover. If this does not work, this app will not work either.
COMMENTS: Please, comment as much as possible, especially if things work. :-) And to make your experience better, post at http://androidcommunity.com/forums/f44/brookstone-rover-app-81730 I will take your remarks serious!
- Swarm Control: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dobots.swarmcontrol uses my code, but can also control other robots
- Rover Spy Tank Controller https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uceta.AC13Controller builds on my code too, but it looks much better! :-)
- I just cannot find time to reverse engineer the audio part. Help is appreciated.
Jan. 18th. 2012
- IR button
- Max 1 command per 500ms
- Bug fix: lift one finger in multitouch
Jan. 15th. 2012
- Controls for snowgnome ;-), multitouch
- Adding non-functional IR button
- Image in main window instead (memory saver)
Jan. 14th. 2012
- Landscape mode
- Welcome text and explanation
- Dynamic menu options
- Quit function
- Autostarting when proper wifi detected
Jan. 8th. 2012
- Taking pictures
- Streaming video
- Moving robot by accelerometer sensor data