RPM Tachometer & Shift Light PRO for Cars and Helicopters is a part of CIRI project - CIRI RPM Tachometer & Shift Light version – it shows rpm (engine speed) and shift light (screen blinks yellow at rpm you set) using acoustic Z-transform. PRO version has extended sampling accuracy and no ads at screen. It can be used for cars (any engine type) and for helicopters (for 2-5 blades, 1-4 rotors).
IMPORTANT: It may not work properly in phones or tablets with voice filtering or voice improvement systems. In some cases such options can be switched off from phone "Settings" menu. For example it doesn't work properly with HTC EVO 3D (microfone's lowband is filtered by phone). Please check free version of app to proove it works for you.
CIRI - Car Intelligent Recorder and Interpreter is a tool that listens to a working engine. Engine's mechanical complexity gives a symphony of sound. CIRI identifies those oddball sounds and helps you sort out which conditions you can let slide and which ones mean repairs—and how fast you need to make them. By modern analysis and CIRI Cloud Server processing and comparing to known sounds and malfunctions of engine it looks for problems before they occur. It can be also used as RPM meter (tachometer) with shift-light function.
1. After starting CIRI RPM Tachometer, please select your car parameters (or similar car), check if cylinder count is correct for your car.
2. Click Auto at "sensitivity" or correct sensitivity to have no results (0 rpm) in your car, when silence.
3. Set shift light rpm (if you need that)
4. Start engine, enjoy.
For more information, used algos & whole CIRI project you can visit dedicated page http://www.ciri.se
- Helicopter Tachometer added (for 2-5 blades, 1-4 rotors).
- Refresh Rate can be changed (low-normal-high)