Radiotherapy dose equivalence (EQD2) based on LQ model, B.E.D. calculator, dose correction for RT interruption, RPA / DS-GPA score for brain metastases and Roach index calculation for prostate cancer ect..
This app is brought to you by Prof. Abdelkarim S. Allal, Head of Radiation Oncology Department, HFR-Fribourg, Switzerland. I've designed it for the radiation oncology community and the professionals linked to this speciality.
This is a Beta5 version series where 6 screens are fully functional:
1) The main screen (EBRT) is dedicated to calculate the equivalent dose for different external beam radiotherapy schedules using the linear quadratic model. Also the BED (Biologically Effective Dose) calculation is provided. Added the advanced BED calculator on a secondary sreen where you can calculate the BED for 2 RT schedules in the same time.
2) The second (OTT) is dedicated to calculate the additional dose to be considered in case of RT interruption (OTT extension). Please note that the time to the onset of tumor cells repopulation during fractionated RT as well as the time at which the RT interruption occurs are not considered for the moment. These two parameters may influence the results.
3) The third one is for the RPA / DS-GPA class and score calculation as well as median OS for brain metatstases patients. DS- seems to be the more reliable.
4) The fourth one allows you to calculate the Roach's indexes for risk class of lymph node and vesicle involvement and extracapsular invasion for prostate cancer according to the Gleason and iPSA values.
5) The last screen (Varia) display different professional links as well as the formulas used in the present app.
The project of SBRT/SABR is postponed since no consensus has emerged on witch extended LQ model to use.
Your comments will be appreciated, suggestions or errors reporting are also welcome.
Minor bugs fixed and display ajustments
Added advanced BED calculator screen where you can calculate the BED for 2 RT Schedules.
Fixed the problem of decimals (non integer dose/fraction) for some languages other than english and minors display ajustments
- Added BED (Biologically effective dose) calculation
- Added PRA&DS-GPA class/score & median OS calculation for pts with brain metastases
- All links are now activated (journals/societies..) on varia screen