Radiotherapy dose equivalence (EQD2) based on LQ model, BED calculator, dose correction for RT interruption, RPA / DS-GPA score for brain metastases and Partin tables & Roach index calculation for prostate cancer (urology section) ect..
This app is brought to you by Prof. Abdelkarim S. ALLAL, Head of Radiation Oncology Department, HFR-Fribourg, Switzerland. I've designed it for the radiation oncology community and the professionals linked to this speciality.
This is Beta6 version series with the following features:
1) Radio-biology section:
- The LQ Mod sreen is to calculate the equivalent dose for different external beam radiotherapy schedules using the linear quadratic model.
- The BED (Biologically Effective Dose) calculation for 2 RT schedules simultaneously.
- The OTT screen is to calculate the additional dose to be considered in case of RT interruption (OTT extension).
Please note that the time to the onset of tumor cells repopulation during fractionated RT as well as the time at which the RT interruption occurs are not considered for the moment. These 2 parameters may influence the results.
2) Prostate section:
- Partin tables for pathologic stage prediction according to cT stage, Gleason score and iPSA
- To calculate the Roach's indexes for risk class of lymph node and vesicle involvement and extracapsular invasion for prostate cancer according to the Gleason and iPSA values
3) Brain section:
- RPA / DS-GPA class and score calculation as well as median OS for brain metatstases patients. DS- seems to be the more reliable.
4) Varia section:
- It displays different professional links as well as the formulas and references used in the present app.
The project of SBRT/SABR is postponed since no consensus has emerged on witch extended LQ model to use.
Your comments will be appreciated, suggestions or errors reporting are also welcome.
Added the Partin Tables for prostate ca.
Minor bugs fixed and display ajustments
Added advanced BED calculator for 2 RT Schedules.
Fixed the problem of decimals (non integer dose/fraction) for some languages other than english and minors display ajustments
- Added BED (Biologically effective dose) calculation
- Added PRA&DS-GPA class/score & median OS calculation for pts with brain met