The RTR-NetTest (in German: RTR-Netztest) allows users to obtain information on the current service quality (speedtest: e.g. upload and download speed, ping, signal strength) of their Internet connection and provides them with comprehensive information, including statistical data. The RTR-NetTest provides:
- a map view of all test results with filter options for test parameters, statistics, operator and device;
- statistics on the results for all the major operators with filtering options for quantiles, test parameters and test duration;
- a red/orange/green evaluation of the test result (“traffic-light”-system);
- the option to synchronise results of various devices and display them in the browser;
- the user’s own test history; statistics on tests
- supports 2G, 3G (HSPA) & 4G (LTE); supports IPv4 and IPv6
- results available as open data - see https://www.rtr.at/de/tk/netztestopendata for details;
- source code available at https://github.com/alladin-IT/open-rmbt
- a detailed FAQ.
Please note: We use a test server which is located in central Europe, if you perform the test from America or Asia latency and throughput will reflect your connectivity to Europe which might be much lower than your local performance.
- Support for signal strength in LTE
- Support for additional languages
- Better user interface when test is aborted
- More detailed timing information
1.5.2: Fix: Signal strength was not displayed on some devices