RuterReise: Ruter’s new official travel planner
Ruters new travel planner app makes it easy for you to plan your journey and get real time information about departures on all Metro, tram, ferry and train services in Oslo, Akershus, Buskerud, Hedmark, Oppland, Telemark, Vestfold and Østfold.
• plan your journey by selecting the type of service and your departure and arrival times
• obtain real time information about departure times (real time counts down in minutes)
• obtain information about delays and cancellations for all services in Oslo and Akershus search for departures from stops close to your current location mark stops, services, addresses, areas and planned journeys as favourites
• decide when you want departures displayed on your favourites page
• always find your way home – mark an address as a favourite and the app will plan a journey from your current location
• display planned journeys in the Notification Area
• display maps showing your current location, stops, sales outlets, travel suggestions and journeys
• display all the stops on the routes you plan to take
• easily compare different service options using our new, colour-coded display features
To make your travel and real time searches as easy as possible, the app must have access to:
When it knows your location the app can display nearby stops and search results sorted according to where you are now. You can also plan journeys to and from your current location.
Internet access is essential if you want to obtain journey and real time information. Knowing your network status means that the app can reduce the number of requests to the RuterReise server. This means lower power consumption and a faster user interface.
We need access to read/write to your mobile’s storage in order to cache map tiles. We employ Google's APIs so that you can use Google Maps to display map views of journeys, stops and sales outlets.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.