This is a port of the default music widget from stock Android, tailored to work on Samsung Galaxy S.
- as the name suggests, it is only compatible with Samsung devices, so don't spam me with requests/complaints about other devices (HTC, Motorola etc.).
- this widget is provided free of charge and I don't have any return from it except personal satisfaction. I don't own every possible Samsung phone (only a 2-year old Galaxy S European), Thus I can't make the widget work on every Samsung phone available - please understand that. I've spent considerable amount of time reverse-engeneering Samsung firmwares for models other than the phone I own, but I don't have enough time to keep up with the changes/new models.
Compatible with android 2.1 and 2.2 and NOW also with 2.3.
Please support the developer by donating (throught the Donate button on the widget config screen).
The official Music Widget from Android is not compatible with Samsung Galaxy S, since this phone is using a customized music player.
This widget is thus incompatible with the default music player from stock Android.
If you need music scrobbling support (Last.FM for instance), see my other app - Samsung Galaxy S Scrobbler, which adds SGS support to popular scrobbling apps SLS (Simple Last.FM Scrobbler) and Scrobbledroid.
Versions 1.1.2, 1.0.10 and 1.2.0 bring a branch in app versioning to differentiate between many device type/OS version combinations. Version 1.1.2 is for phones running Android 2.3, version 1.0.10 is for phones/tablets running Android 2.1 and 2.2, version 1.2.0 is for tables running Android 2.3. Market should automatically pick up the right app version for you.
- Introduced (optional) album artwork display on widget
- Currently I'm working on gesture-control (advancing music to next song by shaking the device)
-Internet access required because of ads display on config screen. No ads beyond that.
- ICS version introduced (but due to technical difficulties it is served as a separate application)