The Sasol eBirds of the Kruger National Park is a subset of the Sasol eBirds of Southern Africa which is an interactive version of the best-selling Sasol Birds of Southern Africa field guide. This application has specific features that will enhance your birding experience.
● Images, distribution maps and text descriptions of over 500 bird species found in the park including residents, visitors and vagrants.
● Over 1700 photographs covering most species.
● Audible calls for over most of the species.
● A "Smart Search" that allows you to easily identify a bird using beak shape, bird size, bird colour and status (resident, vagrant etc).
● You can select a region of the park, so that the lists of birds throughout the app display only the birds in your region.
● "Bird Compare" allows you to compare two birds side by side on the same screen (including calls, illustrations, descriptions and photographs).
● A personal bird list that stores your bird sightings (including GPS location) saved to the device and can be exported to your storage card and email.
● View the Bird Index by English, Afrikaans or Scientific bird names.
● Swipe to move to the next or previous species.
* Uninstalling the app will result in the loss of your app data and will require a full download upon re-install.
* Uninstalling the app will also result in the loss of your bird list. It is recommended that you keep your own backup (export) separate from the program.
See our other natural history products:
Wildlife of Southern Africa
eTrees of Southern Africa
eSnakes of Southern Africa
eGuide to Mammals of Southern Africa
Fixed crash in species screen landscape mode on tablet devices.
Fixed species images being distorted/stretched on certain devices.
Fixed long species descriptions not being scrollable.
Fixed tap-to-zoom on photos mistakenly linking to illustrations.