Scansfer is a phone-to-phone data transfer app utilizing QR code technology to allow you to simply scan and transfer files, Apps, Contacts, Bookmarks, and more, now with cloud storage powered by box.net.
PLEASE NOTE: This version of Scansfer requires a box.net account.
The Scansfer Box.net Client app securely transfers files from your phone to box.net, and generates a private download key, only accessible by scanning a distinct QR code. The QR code can then be scanned from any other mobile device equipped with a bar code scanner to instantly download the file. The app can also be used to upload files from your phone to box.net, and access files from your box account on your phone.
Scansfer provides two methods for sharing apps:
1. If an app is available in the Android Market, Scansfer allows you to send a quick download link to other Android phones to download the latest version of the app.
2. You can also send the original install package (APK) allowing you to share any free app installed on your phone. Note: this feature is NOT to be used to share paid apps. Please read all license agreements for your apps to make make sure you are allowed to share them.
Sharing Contacts and Bookmarks:
Scansfer can also generate QR codes to share Contacts from your address book as well as Bookmarks from your browser.
Now you can use Scansfer to generate QR code payment requests from your phone. Simply enter a brief description of the transaction and an amount, and have the person paying you scan the QR code. Payment QR codes can be scanned using any mobile device with a bar code scanner (the person sending the payment does not need to have Scansfer installed).
What's the difference between this version and regular Scansfer?
This version is powered by box.net cloud storage. This means two things: 1.) now you can access/share files from your box.net account within Scansfer, 2.) When you Scansfer a file from your phone, the file is transferred via box.net servers.
- Now you can Scansfer much larger files
- Scansfers are faster
- You can Scansfer entire folders (from your box.net account)
- You can store massive amounts of data online
- requires login (must have box.net account)
- this app is new, and we are still working out some bugs
Please email us if you experience difficulties or have any questions.
Keywords: qr code, qr code scanner, barcode, barcode scanner, file transfer, share apps, share contacts, share bookmarks, share files, share pictures, qr code contact, qr code website, scansfer, box.net
Fixed a few small issues