IMPORTANT NOTE: THIS APPLICATION DOES NOT WORK WITH BUILT-IN CROP APP ON ANDROID VERSION 4.3! (MOSTLY FOUND ON NEXUS DEVICES).
This is an offline (does not require internet connection to work) Optical Text Recognition (OCR) application which can be used to convert text (either English or Russian ONLY!!!!! for now) on a paper to editable digital text on your device. Extracted/converted text can later be edited if required, selected and saved to a clipboard and/or shared via any application installed on the device (e.g. translated with Google translate.)
Please read instructions before using the app, especially if you have trouble with getting quality results.
Note: This is my very first app and is also currently in a BETA state, so please let me know if you find any bugs or other issues. Suggestions on improvement are also welcome (aside from design, I know it's bad).
- Text recognition is based on "tesseract" OCR.
- In order to keep app size reasonably small, only English and Russian languages are supported for now. Later I might include other languages.
- App contains open source code released under Apache License, Version 2.0: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html
Some tags: OCR, offline OCR, scan, scanner, document, extract text, images, ScanToText, scan text, scan to text, extract text from image, convert image to text.
Version 1.4: (BETA)
- Added ability to choose and extract text from previously taken pictures from the "Gallery".
- Bug fixes
Version 1.3: (BETA)
- Removed settings button (there were never any settings available)
- A few enhancements
- Multiple bug fixes
Version 1.2: (BETA)
- Bug fixes
Version 1.1: (BETA)
- Removed unnecessary permissions
- Significantly improved memory efficiency.
- A few other bug fixes.
Version 1.0: Initial Release (BETA state)