Scholar Droid is a free application that lets you conveniently browse through search results returned by Google Scholar, look up book results on Amazon, add/export/import bookmarks, view/save free PDF articles to SD card and send search result links as email.
* Lets you quickly view PDF links returned by Google Scholar using Google Docs Viewer without having to download them.
* You can either download the article as PDF file or assign a bookmark to the PDF link that you are viewing using Google Docs Viewer.
* Option to export/import all your bookmarks to/from SD card as a tab separated text file.
* Email search result links.
* Can be moved to the SD card.
* Absolutely FREE (No ads, seriously).
* Bookmarks are only for the whole PDF document and cannot be used for individual pages in the document.
* Version history and related articles links for search results will not be shown.
* Only results with summaries will be shown. Due to this, patents and other legal documents will be excluded.
* Search categories in Advanced menu is no longer functional since on the new Google Scholar interface they have been phased out.
* HTTP Proxy support has been included but is still untested.
* May not work or display correctly as shown in screenshots on some devices.
Update (2012/10/22) - After the recent fix everything works as before. Thanks for being patient. Enjoy!
Update (2012/12/18) - Some new features (previous search suggestions, custom background color, notepad) have been added in v2.1. For best results, I recommend a HTC Desire Z (which I can fully support).
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT THE APPLICATION IS PROVIDED AS IS AND AS AVAILABLE WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. THE DEVELOPER SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED THROUGH THE USE OF THIS APPLICATION EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY.
1. Previous search queries typed in the search box are now saved. Based on saved history, the search box will provide suggestions while you type. Use Advanced->Menu key->Clear History to delete saved search queries.
2. A simple notepad to jot down notes onto Notes.txt file in your Downloads folder while reading a PDF or webpage.
3. Ability to alter background color for the search interface.