Scrabble Assistant will find you the best playable words and improve your game for Scrabble, WordSmith, Words With Friends and loads of other word games!
- Offline support when searching for words!
- Application minimises to Status Bar for quick access
- Supports finding word definitions (requires online access)
- Supports official international (SOWPODS/Collins/CSW) and USA/Canada (OWL/TWL) Scrabble dictionaries (OWL, CSW 2007 and CSW 2012)
- Supports ENABLE dictionary used by Words with Friends and more!
- Calculates the word scores based on the currently selected game type (choose between Scrabble, Wordsmith and Words with Friends)
- Supports moving the application to SD card to free up more space! (Android 2.2+)
- Has four search modes to cater for all your needs: Word Judge, Anagram generator, Pattern Matcher and Word Builder.
- Supports blank tiles (wild cards) without any limits
- Options to sort search results alphabetically, word length and score!
- Filter searches based on word length (in Pattern Matcher and Word Builder modes)
Limitations of Free version (compared to the Full version):
** Limited to a maximum of 6 letter words (except for Anagram search which allows 7 input characters, but results limited to 6 letters). The full version supports a maximum of 15 characters!
** Is ad supported (Full version has no ads)
** Word definitions are obtained from a single dictionary (Full version supports multiple dictionaries, and users can specify which dictionary to check first!)
Keywords: Scrabble, Scrabblet, Word Assistant
*** FAQ ***
Q: Why can't I use more than 6 letters?
A: Anagram search allows you to enter 7 letters (i.e. full set of YOUR rack letters) but other modes are limited to 6.
Q: Why are the results limited to 6 letters (at most)?
A: This is the free version, and is intended to give you a "feel" as to what Scrabble Assistant is like. If you find it useful, please buy the full version, which doesn't have length-restrictions.
Q: This isn't a game!
A: It is an application to help word game players to improve their game!
*** Explanation of Android Permissions ***
Here is a detailed list of Permissions used by the application and reasons why it needs them:
1. android.permission.INTERNET - Required to go online to fetch word definitions and display ads.
2. android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - Required to display ads within the application.
- Added support for the latest SOWPODS/CSW 2012 dictionary (with 270163 words).
- Can enter up to 7 characters when performing anagram searches. The search results are still restricted to 6 characters.
- Displays the title of the currently selected dictionary as part of the application title.
- Fixed issue where the anagrams are not being generated property with TWL/OWL dictionary.
- Minor UI improvements (help text and labels)