ScreenWakeUp uses the proximity sensor to lock and wake up the screen. It run as a service and it will restart automatically on boot.
WARNING: BEFORE UNINSTALL YOU MUST RELEASE THE LOCK ADMIN! (run ScreenWakeUp and select on RELEASE LOCK ADMIN)
You can lock the screen with ScreenLock application (it's not a widget), a long press on search key, covering the proximity sensor on the top of the phone for a few seconds (settable) or simply you can put the phone in your pocket (I've noticed it can fail if the tissue of pocket is opaque black, I think due of how the proximity sensor works).
The screen automatically wakes up (or unlocks if enabled) when you take the phone out from the pocket or you move a hand over it.
The program is event driven (don't uses CPU cycles to check sensors), but the phone needs to stay in PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK mode to permit the wake up. The CPU doesn't go into sleep mode, so after a few minutes (settable) the lock will be released to prevent battery drain. You can read more about PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK here: http://developer.android.com/reference/android/os/PowerManager.html
Don't be afraid about consumption of proximity sensor, it's really low (0.045mA on my atrix).
- WAKE_LOCK for turn on the screen
- DISABLE_KEYGUARD for unlock the phone automatically
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS for check if a headset is connected
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED for restart automatically at boot
- VIBRATE for vibrate on screen lock
No internet connection needed, no ads, no privacy risk.
- Sometime the auto unlock option don't works
- Sometime the proximity sensor stops to work when the phone is connected to PC (you must restart the phone)
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
Tested only on Motorola Atrix with Android 2.3.4
For comment / feedback / bug / suggestion / localization / donations write to: iiizio AT users.sf.net
PS: Sorry for my bad English
Thanks to Daniel Añez Scott for spanish translation.
Thanks to Stefan (sk750) for the motion sensors management.
- Added icon in the notification area (optional)
- Added 5 minutes timeout
- Added do not lock these applications
- Added lock only below this angle
- Added option to suspend service with low battery
- Added option to disable turn screen on
- Added option to turn off sensor at the end of wakelock
- Added option to disable autostart
- Added do not show ScreenLock in the list of recent applications
- Fixed some bugs
Sorry for the long waiting