An app to keep track of where you are in the scriptures and remind you to read. Specifically for when you would like to read a set number of chapters/pages per day.
Optional daily notifications and a home screen widget remind you to read; simply create a reading schedule or two and let the app figure out where you should be on any given day.
Supports reading from all five of the testaments in the Standard Works (The Old Testament, The New Testament, The Book of Mormon, The Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price). Note that you cannot actually read them from this app; we recommend the LDS Gospel Library app (published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) for that.
Vibrate Control- needed to use the vibrator when sending a notification
Run on Startup- needed to set up the alarms (alarms don't function correctly without this permission)
-Home screen widget that displays the position to read to today
-Ability to have more than one reading schedule at once (scroll sideways to see other schedules)
-Option to choose what time the new day starts (for people who read late at night)
-Daily notification reminding you to read in general (optional)
-Daily notifications for each reading schedule telling you where to read to (optional)
-Progress (number of days remaining, percent complete) displayed in the app
If you've found a bug or would like to suggest a feature, email us at [email protected]
2.0.0 Thanksgiving Update -11.29.13
- New icon
- New permission required; the app must run when the phone boots up in order to set up the alarms
- Alarms work properly- shutting off the phone no longer disables alarms
- Now uses the Holo.Light theme on all devices
- Changes to the way that schedules are edited and created
- Added Help & About screens
- App runs more smoothly
- Changes to the core structure of the app to comply with the Android Design Guidelines
- Bug fixes