An app to force Android to scan a storage medium for media and other files. Uses a method compatible with 4.4 KitKat and 5.0 Lollipop, tested on my Nexus 5.
In Android 4.4 KitKat, the method used by most older programs to rescan a storage medium no longer works. Instead, an interface must be used that only allows one file to be specified at a time. This app works by determining what files/folders might need to be scanned again, and then by calling the correct API on each file/folder.
This app is licensed under the GNU GPL v2 or later, with source code available at http://github.com/jerickson314/sdscanner
- UI updates. (Thanks, Github user "relan" for help with some of these!)
- Now accepts ACTION_RUN intent to run directly and quit, for automation tools such as Tasker.
- Crash fixes.
- Russian translation. (Thanks, relan!)
- Traditional Chinese translation. (Thanks, Laurence Chiu!)
- Don't open keyboard on start.
- Attempt to prevent from adding /storage or /system to MTP file listing. (Not sure if I've tracked this down fully.)
- Czech translation. (Thanks, Jaroslav Lichtblau!)