An app to force Android to scan a storage medium for media and other files. Uses a method compatible with 4.4 KitKat, tested on my Nexus 5.
In Android 4.4 KitKat, the method used by most older programs to rescan a storage medium no longer works. Instead, an interface must be used that only allows one file to be specified at a time. This app works by determining what files/folders might need to be scanned again, and then by calling the correct API on each file/folder.
This app is licensed under the GNU GPL v2 or later, with source code available at http://github.com/jerickson314/sdscanner
- Try to fix crash on I/O errors during file listing.
- Remember chosen path when app is restarted.
- Try to fix infinite recursion crash caused by symlinks on (most likely) rooted phones.
- Update UI to reflect the fact that it does detect deleted files.
- Try to fix rare observed crashes.