Turn any mobile phone or tablet into an affordable and portable software defined radio scanner with spectrum analyser. Listen and record live on air FM stereo radio stations with RDS, weather reports, emergency stations, taxi traffic, airplane communications, audio of analogue TV broadcasts, HAM radio amateurs, digital broadcasts and many more! Depending on the hardware used, its radio frequency coverage could span between 50 MHz and 2.2 GHz. It currently demodulates broadcast FM, AM, narrowband FM, upper sideband (USB) and lower sideband (LSB) signals.
The built-in RDS monitor will allow exploring the hidden digital data feed that most commercial FM radio stations broadcast. This includes the station's program type (PTY), country of broadcast (ECC), date and time (CT), unique program identifier (PI), list of alternative frequencies (AF) and advanced statistics about the digital RDS carrier signal.
SDR Touch receives radio by using a USB dongle. It runs offline and does not require a data plan or internet connection! Take SDR Touch anywhere and find out what the radio waves are hiding!
In order to run SDR Touch, you will need:
- USB digital TV (DVB-T) dongle with the RTL2832U chip. You may already have one of them laying around. They cost less than $10
- USB OTG (On-The-Go) cable - if you've ever connected a USB thumb drive to your Android device, you already have it. They are extremely cheap
Plug the USB dongle in the charging USB socket of your Android device via the OTG cable and run SDR Touch! It is that simple! Now you can listen to live radio on Android devices that don't have a built-in FM support, without requiring a data plan!
This application is currently experimental and may crash. Please, report any bugs to the email provided in the Help.
Using the RTL2832U driver you could use one of the following compatible USB DVB-T tuners:
- Generic RTL2832U (e.g. hama nano)
- ezcap USB 2.0 DVB-T/DAB/FM dongle
- Terratec Cinergy T Stick Black (rev 1)
- Terratec NOXON DAB/DAB+ USB dongle (rev 1)
- Terratec Cinergy T Stick RC (Rev.3)
- Terratec T Stick PLUS
- Terratec NOXON DAB/DAB+ USB dongle (rev 2)
- PixelView PV-DT235U(RN)
- Compro Videomate U620F
- Compro Videomate U650F
- Compro Videomate U680F
- Sweex DVB-T USB
- GTek T803
- Lifeview LV5TDeluxe
- MyGica TD312
- PROlectrix DV107669
- Zaapa ZT-MINDVBZP
- Twintech UT-40
- Dexatek DK DVB-T Dongle (Logilink VG0002A)
- Dexatek DK DVB-T Dongle (MSI DigiVox mini II V3.0)
- Dexatek Technology Ltd. DK 5217 DVB-T Dongle
- MSI DigiVox Micro HD
- Genius TVGo DVB-T03 USB dongle (Ver. B)
- GIGABYTE GT-U7300
- DIKOM USB-DVBT HD
- Peak 102569AGPK
- SVEON STV20 DVB-T USB & FM
Note: If you have a device with an older Android verison (3.1 and below), root must be present in order to connect with the USB dongle and USB Host must be enabled on the device.
It is your responsibility to comply with your local law before downloading or using SDR Touch. The SDR Touch team cannot be held responsible for any liabilities due to inappropriate usage of the app.
- Translations into Bulgarian, German, Italian, Polish, Russian and Ukrainian