The Seagate Media app gives you access to all the photos, videos, music, and documents stored on your compatible Seagate storage devices.
With the option to navigate with classic file/folder view, thumbnails or a range of filters, it’s easy to find exactly what you are looking for in your media library. Additionally, we’ve added music controls support for Android Wear devices, for conveniently changing tracks on-the-go.
• Access your media library stored on a Seagate Wireless device, no Internet needed
• Access content stored on your Seagate Personal Cloud device from anywhere you have a Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection. Be sure to enter your username and password in the “Remote Access" tab when outside of your home network
• Automatically back up pictures and videos from your mobile device
• Stream media to Chromecast, LG Smart TVs and Roku devices
• Support for third-party media players allows you to stream videos with other apps installed on your device
• Synchronize your files on Dropbox and/or Google Drive*
*requires an Internet connection, only available on Personal Cloud and Wireless Plus devices
The following devices are support by this app:
•Seagate Wireless Plus
•Seagate Personal Cloud
•Seagate GoFlex Satellite
What’s new in this release?
• Improved performance when accessing files remotely from Seagate Personal Cloud devices.
• We also squashed a few small bugs in the process.
In previous release:
• New casting options - cast to Xbox One and Sonos devices
• Now sorts by track in Album view (was sorting alphabetical by title)
• Updated Casting code for Chromecast, Roku, LG TV
• Support for 64-bit devices
• Streaming video on Remote Access
• Music Controls for Android Wear (Android watches)