Sellinam enables Tamil text input on mobile devices. It was first developed in the year 2003 and subsequently launched for public usage in 2005 on Ponggal day.
Sellinam 4 is a completely new version that supports Lollipop (Android 5.). In addition to the Tamil99 Mobile and Anjal keyboards, it includes a Bahasa Malaysia (Malay) keyboard and improved support for English.
Major new features include next word prediction, word correction, spelling correction, user-dictionary, short-cuts and many others.
Also introduced in this version is Sellinam WordSync that lets users sync Tamil words from the personal dictionary across their other devices.
As this is a system wide input method, you may use Sellinam to send SMS messages, Whatsapp, Viber, Skype, Tweet, Facebook and all the fun things you do on your phone --- directly in Tamil. There is no need to cut-and-paste!
Enjoy Sellinam and please spread the word around if you like this app.
- Added support for bluetooth keyboards
- Improved localisation
- Added ta_MY, ta_LK and ta_SG locales in addition to ta_IN
- Fixed incorrect auto-pulli on the first letter of a word in Tamil99
- Added option to turn-off push notifications
- Fixed escape bugs in Anjal.
- Fixed an auto-pulli bug in Tamil99.
- Added articles section.