Add contact pictures, postal addresses or other details to contacts using the Share option. Sharing photos and adding them directly from web pages (or other apps) using a contacts picker is a lot simpler than having to go via the gallery. And you don't have to clean up afterwards.
With "Share to Contact" you can share:
• Share a picture or a link to a picture from your web browser, gallery (or other app)
• Pick a contact to which the new contact photo should be assigned
• Confirm replacing any existing contact picture
• Crop and center your contact's face by pinching to pan and zoom (†)
2. Links or capture web site pictures
• Share a link or internet address
- or -
• In text or documents select a link, domain or URL and choose Share (*)
• Pick a contact to which the web site link should be added
• Optionally edit the web site link
- or -
• Select "Capture image off this site" to load the link into a browser frame and pinch to pan and zoom to page area to be used as contact photo (†)
3. Postal addresses
• Share a place or location from Google Maps
- or -
• In text or documents mark/select a postal address and choose Share (*)
• Pick a contact to which the address should be added
• Optionally edit the reformatted (**) address and set the address type (home, work, etc.) (†)
4. Email addresses
• In text or documents select an email address and choose Share (*)
• Pick a contact to which the email address should be added
• Optionally edit the email address and set its type (home, work, etc.) (†)
5. Phone numbers
• In text or documents select a phone number and choose Share (*)
• Pick a contact to which the phone number should be added
• Optionally select a country and choose between national or international formatting
• Optionally edit the phone number and set its type (home, mobile, work, etc.) (†)
• In text or documents select a text phrase or paragraph (selection must not match any of the above) and choose Share (*)
• Pick a contact to which the note should be added
• Optionally edit the note
(†) The free version disables zooming of images and web captures. It also disables the Type selector of phone numbers, postal and email addresses. Please consider upgrading to the full version.
NOTE: Share to Contact is not an app that can be opened directly. Installing the app adds a new item to your Share via... menu.
To share a web site image directly (rather than sharing the page link and capturing an area of the page) open the image so it's displayed on its own. To do that you typically long-press the image and choose View image.
Contact pictures are 96x96 on Android 2.x or 256x256 starting with Android 4.0. On Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) you may use hi-res 720x720 contact photos.
When zooming in on faces try to use larger images as otherwise the quality will suffer and the contact photo image may look blurred or pixelated. Extremely large images may appear blurred when zooming on older devices with less memory.
(*) Directly sharing selected text is only available on Android 3.0 or higher.
(**) Postal addresses are automatically reformatted, which may add missing information like post codes, etc. Use the checkbox to switch between formatted and original addresses.
If you have problems or suggestions let us know at [email protected]
We cannot respond to negative comments.
Improved unformatted addresses.