This app does not create an icon on you app list. To use it, you should go to the "Share" menu of the Gallery or a file manager or your phone book.
Finally a simple way to transfer files and folders and contacts on your Android with any phone, computer or tablet!
Just choose a photo or video from your gallery, a file from a file manager, or some contact from your address book, click on "options", "share" and "Share via HTTP"
This program will open an HTTP server in which anyone can download the file.
The link will always be your phone's IP address on port 9999. Example: http://10.1.1.100:9999/
If you choose just one file, the link will redirect the file itself. If you choose many files, a ZIP containing all the chosen files will be generated on the fly. That means you will not have to wait nor space on you device will be used. If you share a contact, a vCard will be generated on the fly.
After sharing a file though any program, you can later click on "Share Containing Folder" to share the whole folder in which the file is located.
It is of course possible to have multiple users downloading at the same time!
If you have a Barcode Scanner, a QR CODE of the URL will be generated.
This app does not create an icon on you app list. It is only available thought the Share menu of the Gallery or any file manager.
This app is open source. Grab the source and the APK at https://code.google.com/p/share-via-http/
It is by the way possible to share APPs with this software if used together with AppSender ( https://github.com/marcosdiez/shareviahttp )
- proper support for IPv6
- Works on Android 4.4 KitKat ( read storage content permission )
- You can now share phone contacts as well ( shares as vCards ) ( requires the read contacts permission )
- URL is copied to clipboard and can be shared as well
- Ability to share folders ( directories )
- Ability to share multiple files at once
- Ability to choose which IP will be displayed on the barcode
- We now use threadpool to manage our threads