Share Where is an easy-to-use app that allows you to quickly send your current location to anyone and everyone.
It also includes a home screen widget that allows you to send a predefined message together with your location to multiple recipients via email/SMS or any of your apps with just the click of a widget.
The location is presented as a link to Google maps.
There is no need to register to any community to share your location and the recipients don't have to use any other apps than email, sms or a web browser. The sender doesn't even need a mobile data connection to send the location via SMS.
Share Where is currently available in Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Swedish.
* Please NOTE: Always enable the GPS on your device before using location sharing apps.
• Let your children use it to update you regarding their current location.
• In case of emergency, you can send a predefined message together with your location with just a click on the widget.
• Set up automatic location replies to certain text messages from trusted people. Great if you want to know your children's location by just sending them an SMS.
• Send an SMS with a secret phrase to your lost phone to get it's current location.
• Schedule repeated messages to regularly inform someone (for example someone who is expecting you to arrive) about your current location. (Pro version only)
• Set a timer that will send your location in a specific time unless you cancel it. Great when walking alone late at night or when doing extreme sports like mountaineering.
• Integrate it with apps like Tasker, Locale, Llama, E-Robot or MacroDroid for advanced scheduling.
On Android 4.2 or higher the widget can also be added to your lock screen.
Share where is very battery efficient and runs only when sending messages. No battery draining background processes are running.
If you want to use your default Gmail account for sending emails without having to enter your password, just create an app specific password. The procedure is described here: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en
The lite version contains ads and is limited to maximum 2 recipients. In the Pro version you can also share a location message with any other app (like Google+, Facebook, Twitter, MSN, WhatsApp etc)
Accuracy will not be taken into account when using the last known location fallback feature.