★ One of the Best To Do App on Android : Life Hacker★
★ Featured by Google on Play Store★
★ Great example of Context Driven Application: Robert Scoble★
Shifu is a smart TODO & TASK MANAGEMENT application that learns from your phone’s usage pattern, identify what needs your attention and shows them to you at the right time. Shifu tracks your context, it estimates your free time and suggests a relevant task.
• Call Reminder: Shifu scans your call log, filters out important phone calls from it and reminds you to return those when you are free.
• Birthday Reminder: Shifu reminds you to call your Facebook & Google + friends on their birthdays and does it when you are free to make that call.
• Smart Battery Alerts: Shifu analyzes your battery usage pattern and reminds you to charge your phone well ahead of time.
Let's say you use 40% of your phone’s battery during the 1hr long evening commute. So even a battery level of 30% before leaving the office isn’t good enough but your phone only shows a battery alert based on current battery level. It doesn't anticipate your upcoming usage. Now Shifu will identify what percentage of battery you tend to use at a give time of the day and will remind you to charge it ahead of time and long before the battery becomes critically low.
• Time Based: You can create tasks based on the free time need to do them.
• Phone Call Based Alerts: You can set up alerts, which show up when you are calling someone.
• Location Based / Geo Fencing Alert: You can create a task which shows up only when you are around a certain location.
• WI-FI Based Alert: You can create tasks linked to a particular WI-FI network.
• Recurring Alerts: Now you can set up your Shifu reminders to repeat. You can define the duration of recurrence.
• Automated Cloud Sync: All you reminders are seamlessly synced across all your devices.
How is Shifu different?
The traditional todo list requires you to define tasks like this:
• Call Sarah to wish her happy birthday at 2:30 PM.
• Call John at 12:30 PM tomorrow to ask for the money he owes me.
• Buy new T-shirts on the 24th of March.
• Remind me to upload pictures from my weekend Party on Facebook.
But we all know that real life doesn't work like that. We seldom know in advance if we will be free at that moment. Shifu allows you to create your task in a way that mirrors your real life. Now you can define these tasks as:
• Call Sarah to wish her happy birthday whenever I have 10 minutes free.
• Whenever I talk to John next, remind me to ask him for my money.
• Remind me to buy T-shirts the next time I visit the shopping mall.
• Upload photos from my weekend Party on Facebook when I am connect to WI FI.
Application Permissions needed by Shifu :
In order to function Shifu needs to have permission to access some of the information on your phone. Permissions needed are listed below.
*Phone calls: Read phone status and identity,reroute outgoing calls.
*READ PHONE STATE: Read phone call status.
*Get Line1 number: Get user's contact number. We need to create a unique identification for each user.
You can find details of all of the permission need by Shifu at http://permission.getshifu.com/
Give Shifu a try and tell us how it has helped you. We are eager to listen your experience.
Stay in touch:
You can follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/getshifu
Customer Support: Have any questions or feedback? Please get in touch with us at [email protected]
Introducing lock screen widget. Now you can easily access all your reminders right from lock screen.
Home screen widget for quick viewing and adding your reminders
Smart Battery Alerts: Shifu knows when the phone is used most and alerts to charge well ahead of time to keep your phone ready when you need it.
Recurring Alerts: You can create repeat reminders so no excuses left for not going on a walk after dinner, EVERYDAY.