Shiva (meaning "The Auspicious One"), also known as Parameshwara (the Supreme God),Mahadeva, Mahesh ("Great God") or Bholenath ("Simple Lord"), is a popular Hindu deity and considered as the Supreme God within Shaivism, one of the three most influential denominations in Hinduism.Shiva is regarded as one of the primary forms of God, such as one of the five primary forms of God in the Smarta tradition,and "the Destroyer" or "the Transformer" among the Trimurti, the Hindu Trinity of the primary aspects of the divine. Shiva is also regarded as the patron god of yoga and arts.
Shiva is usually worshipped in the an iconic form of Lingam.Shiva of the highest level is limitless, transcendent, unchanging and formless.However, Shiva also has many benevolent and fearsome forms.In benevolent aspects, he is depicted as an omniscient Yogi who lives an ascetic life on Mount Kailash,as well as a householder with wife Parvati and two sons, Ganesha and Kartikeya or as the Cosmic Dancer. In fierce aspects, he is often depicted slaying demons. The most recognizable iconographic-al attributes of the god are a third eye on his forehead, a snake around his neck, the crescent moon adorning and the river Ganga flowing from his matted hair, the trishula as his weapon and the damaru as his instrument.Shiva as we know him today shares features with the Vedic god Rudra.
About Shiva Sahasranamam:
There are two versions of Shiva sahasranama-one in linga Purana (Being taught by Lord Krishna) and the other which occurs in Anushasanika Parva of Mahabaratha.
In the Mahabaratha version,Yudishtra after hearing the Vishnu Sahasranama from Bheeshma requests him also to teach the thousand names of Lord Shiva. Bheeshma expresses his inability to the same and requests Lord Krishna to teach it to Yudishtra. Then Lord Krishna who has learnt it from Sage Upamanyu teaches it to Yudishtra.
Features in Version 1.0
1. Shiva Sahasranamam ,Sanskrit Transliteration,English Translation and their Meaning with Audio.
3. 1008 names and their meaning searchable for naming baby's.
4. Easy and simple swipe page's to navigate to any page along with audio.
5. Play or pause audio on any page while reading the meaning.
6. Use Seek-bar to navigate to any position in audio along with their respective page.
7. History and Benefits added separately to promote user to listen Shiva Sahasranamam daily to feel the difference eventually.
8. Plays in background when phone is locked.
9. Auto resume from the last played position on the page.
10. Auto pause during call.
11. Share your Like on Face-book.
12. Ad free App for zero diversion while reading and listening.
Other Apps :
Sri Adithya Hrudayam
The Link - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.omsuryayanama
Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam
Sri Lakshmi Sahasranamam
Sree Lalitha Sahasranamam
"Sarva Loka Sukhino Bhavantu"