Shri Rudram Lesson - A Hymn Devoted To Lord Shiva
Sri Rudram, also known as Rudraprasna, is a hymn devoted to lord Shiva. It is part of the Yajur Veda and one of the greatest of the Vedic hymns.
What is Rudram ? :-
- Shri Rudram is a Hindu stotra dedicated to Rudra (an epithet of Shiva).
- Shri Rudram is a vedic hymn taken from Taittiriya Samhita (TS 4.5) of YajurVeda.
- Shri Rudram is also known as Sri Rudraprasna, Satarudriya, and Rudradhyaya.
- Shri Rudram (Namakam) describes the name or epithets of Rudra, which represent his aspects.
- Shri Rudram is of two parts, Namakam and Chamakam. Each consist of eleven anuvakas or hymns. Traditionally Rudra is assigned the number 11, and among the 33 deities of the Vedic pantheon, 11 are considered forms of Rudra.
- As per the Jabala Upanishad, recitation of the Satarudriya (Rudram) will lead to immortality. (this belief was claimed during the first few centuries of CE)
- The anuvakas (Chapters) of Shri Rudram correspond to the eleven hymns of Taittiriya Samhita (TS 4.5), where, the final anuvaka extended by an additional eight verses including the ' Mahamrityunjaya ' Mantra.
- The Mahamrityunjaya Mantra - ' great death-conquering mantra ', also called the Tryambakam Mantra, is a verse of the Rigveda (RV 7.59.12).
- Chanting the Rudram is said to be of great benefit. The Rudram chanting can be done with or without the accompaniment of a Vedic yagna ritual. When accompanied with the Vedic fire ritual, it is called the Rudra Yagnam.
--In each of the lesson, Shastriji recites each phrase twice so that the student can listen to it carefully first and then learn the way Shastriji has said again with voice of Shastriji ! This way student listens to a phrase twice and also recites it along with it.
-- Shastriji has painstakingly recorded all the Rudras to maintain the authenticity of the sacred Sanskrit text and the pronunciation of it.
To further give you the feel of chanting with a Beaded Mala,
- Beads counter will increase by one with each chant repetition.
- After 108 repetitions of Beads, the Mala counter increases by 1.
- The number 108 is a standard repetition count also called Jaap.
- You will have the choice to reset the counters back to zero for a fresh start.
- Set the Audio settings at "Continuous". The audio will be played continuously.
- Set the "Number Of Times" for the audio. It will be played for 'chosen' number of times.
- Set the "Time Duration" for the audio.
The application is presented by iPooja (developed by MediaAgility LLC) which specializes in creating Smart Phone based Mobile Applications.
iPooja Apps are passionate about Smart Phone based Mobile Applications and that's why we believe that our apps will be very valuable to you. Our Apps meet our rigorous quality standards and testing before they reach you. We hope you will enjoy your purchase thoroughly and will come back to buy more apps from MediaAgility.
NOTE: After upgrading the new version of the application, please restore your already purchased in-app item(s).
Steps to restore the in-app item(s):
1. Click on Get More Button on Main Screen. You will get a list of in-app item(s).
2. Click on any already purchased in-app item(s), for e.g : Bhoo Sooktam. You will get details of the in-app item with option to "Buy" and "Restore".
3. By clicking on "Restore" button, your in-app item will start downloading.
There will be no extra charges for restoring the in-app items(s).
Please send us your valuable feedback at [email protected]