ShruthiLayaLite, a carnatic music related app. It is a feature restricted, ad-supported free version of ShruthiLaya. ShruthiLaya is an app to aid beginners in the learning of Carnatic music, either vocal or instrumental. Basic lessons in Carnatic music suited for beginners learning vocal or instruments such as violin, flute, veena and keyboard are made available in one app. The lessons can be played along during practice in different speeds and shruti. The lite version also includes
- a metronome based on the traditional tala scheme with indication of dhrutham and anu-dhrutham
- Collection of popular songs (with swaram) : currently 2 songs
- 2 Adi Tala Varnam with ability to play individual sections of the varnam
- reference to basic information of over 900 raagas and
Some of the main feature restrictions in the lite version are
- Only Varisai (sarali, jantai, daatu, melstaayi and mandrastaayi)can be played; Alankarams, Geetham, Swarajathi and Nottuswaram are not available for playing
- Only 2 Adi Tala Varnam are available. The full version has a collection of 24 varnams.
- Features like optional metronome, Sruti/Tanpura, etc., are not available.
- Updates will not be available for the lite version.
- Tempo/BPM for tala based metronome can be changed in steps of 10
If you are interested in this app please also checkout SwaramQuest a quiz based game for ear training.
Please send in your comments and feedback to [email protected]
+ Added a section titled "Adi Tala Varnams" with 2 varnam in Lite Version (full version has a collection of 24 varnam )
+ Ability to play individual sections of a varnam
+ Added "Other Songs" section with 2 popular songs
+ Minor changes to visual presentation