"Sight words" are words that can not be sounded out or learned through the use of pictures and have to be learned by sight. The original Dolch Word list (named after Edward Dolch, PhD) contains 220 words that have to be easily recognizing to achieve fluency in the English language. The list later included 95 nouns.
The Dolch sight words are helpful for adults learning English as an additional language (ESL) as well as for children.
This app has all 220 sight words plus the nouns in a flash card setting.
• Words can be marked to the Review list (use the star to mark and menu to clear list)
• The word is read out when the card is touched
• Long press buttons to jump to start or end
Paid ad-free version also available.
Bugs or suggestions ? Please let us know through email.
v1.6.1 - button missing on a layout, centered cards
* Fixed Review Words crash bug
* Fixed some device layouts
* admob update - smaller ads on some devices