Simple C25K is a very simple, free and open source application that can be used to follow Josh Clark's famous 'Couch to 5k' running plan. After every interval the phone will vibrate and beep to let you know you have to start or stop running. The application can run entirely in the background so playing your own music during your exercise will not be a problem.
If you have any suggestions for improvement of this application or if you have problems using it send me an email and I'll see what I can do.
Description of the permissions used:
Keeps the processor in an active state. This ensures the timer will go off at the right moment.
Is used to detect incoming phone calls. If a call is detected during the workout, the application will be paused to make sure the alarm will not go off midst conversation.
Is used to vibrate the phone if an interval has come to an end.
* alerts preference added
* Added a preferences menu to change sound/vibration settings.
* Fixed some layout issues.
* Fixed a np exception.
* Added a countdown for the total workout time.
* Less buttons.
* Interface is now fully compatible with small devices.
* Updated week 1 from 6 to 8 repeats (Thanks for pointing this out Jenny)
* Fixed week 2
* Skip button
* Fixed some 'Force Close' bugs
* Support for Android 2.1