Ski Buddy is not your typical "ski tracker" app that gives your ski statistics at the end of the day, after the fact. Instead, Ski Buddy gives your ski statistics in real time as you ski by speaking over your earphones. Your speed, altitude, distance traveled, and time of day are spoken at user selected intervals. In addition, a unique "ski mode" gives statistics for each run as it is completed. Ski Buddy will record your top speed as you ski down the run. When you get on the lift at the bottom and start back up, a run report will automatically speak your top speed. Run reports can also be sent to your Android Wear watch.
Ski Buddy is truly a new kind of ski app that gives your ski statistics in real time as you ski.
- Speed is spoken every 5 or 10 units (e.g. every 5mph or 10mph)
- Odometer is spoken every 1, 5 or 10 units
- Altitude is spoken every 100, 200 or 500 units
- Time is spoken every hour, half hour, or quarter hour
- Top speed on each run is automatically spoken
- The display has large, easy to read numbers for use in the car or other vehicle
- Speed, top speed, odometer, altitude, GPS coordinates, and time are displayed
- Portrait and landscape orientations are supported
- Metric and imperial units are supported
- 24-hour and 12-hour time formats are supported
- Run reports can be sent to your Android Wear watch
- Added support for Android Wear
- Run reports can be sent to your Android Wear smartwatch
- A new setting was added to enable/disable notifications to smartchwatches