Slide! is a challenging puzzle game where your task is to guide your penguin as he slides through 80 levels, avoiding obstacles and hazards along the way, only using a limited number of tools:
* Turn: change the penguin’s direction as he slides
* Whirlpool: warp to the next whirlpool (Left to right, top to bottom) when your penguin slides into it
* Bridge: span chasms and holes
* Snowballs: Push these as you slide to plug holes and take out enemy penguins
* Booster: speed up or slow down your penguin's slide
* Block: Block the polar bears’ path, or stop enemy penguins' sliding
Slide! is divided into 8 different worlds, each building on the last and introducing a new mechanic:
* World 1 uses only Turn pieces to help you avoid obstacles and create a long slide
* World 2 has you using Whirlpools to teleport around the level as you slide
* World 3 introduces ramps which reverse the direction of your slide.
* World 4 provides you with bridges to span chasms and holes.
* World 5 adds holes that block your slide and snowballs you must use to plug them.
* World 6 requires you to hit different color switches to open the corresponding doors which block your slide.
* World 7 populates the levels with Polar Bears that roam the level and make your slide more difficult, and boosts which allow you to time your slide properly.
* World 8 finishes with evil penguins that also slide around the level, push snowballs, flip switches, and cross your slide path
You must try to balance getting a long slide distance with using as few items as possible to get a high score. The higher your score, the more golden snowflakes you earn, and the more levels you unlock!
Slide! will challenge your intelligence, problem solving, and quick thinking.
Your penguin is on the move and it’s your job to see him home safely!
Slide! now also includes QR code scanning functionality allowing you to scan and play QR codes of levels made by the Monument Games team and Slide! Deluxe users.
QR codes for custom levels can be found on our forums at http://forum.monument-games.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3
* Enabled QR Code scanning so Slide! users can play custom made levels (Creating custom levels is still for Slide! Deluxe only)
* Loosened the requirements to unlock levels
* Integration with HeyZap social network
* Fixed bug when placing tiles on spaces occupied by bears
* Fixed bug that could cause a crash if the user attempted to scale or scroll the screen when a level was loading
* Changed the collision size of penguins to make it more forgiving