This is a beta app, and is in constant development. Use it at your own risk!
Use it, send us your feedback, and help us improve it. Your feedback will help create a more robust product with support for more cameras. productsATbrainylanternDOTcom
If you’re looking for the stable version, go to:
We will be constantly updating the stable app with more cameras as the testing progresses. This beta version will expire on the day noted in the app.
Control your DSLR camera remotely, change settings, view the smooth liveview, zoom and tap to have high precision focus. Perfect for night photography, wildlife photography, and studio photography.
• Shoot in RAW or jpeg, and download the full size images to view, sort, or share.
• Use the time lapse option for automated interval shooting.
• Shoot in Bulb mode
• Shoot in continuous mode
• Remote access to almost all camera settings (aperture, shutter speed, white balance, ISO, picture quality etc.)
• Exposure bracketing
Sample of features:
• Connect dialog clearly lists available DSLR cameras
• Remote liveview
• Convenient and user friendly controls
• Double tap to touch-focus (select models)
• Focal point based focus (currently for 6D and 70D)
• Easy toggling of LiveView and preview of the last frame in LiveView
• Easy and flexible time lapse
• Custom exposure time in bulb mode
• Fast remote image preview and flexible import options
• Remote image histogram and metadata display
• Comprehensive control and indication of camera settings (F-stop, shutter speed, exposure compensation, ISO, white balance, drive mode, metering mode, picture style, switching between RAW and JPEG etc.)
• A unique and convenient thumbwheel based control for F-stop and shutter speed numbers
• Clean, intuitive, and informative interface
• Ability to hide controls in order to access the clean image view
• Rule-of-thirds grid overlay
Supported DSLR cameras:
• Canon EOS 6D, 70D.
• Nikon D5300.
• Canon EOS 30D, 40D, 50D, 400D, 450D, 1000D, 550D, 60D, 600D, 650D, 7D, 700D, 750D, 1100D, 1200D, 1D mk III, 1Ds mk III, 1D mk IV, 5D mk II, 5D mk III, 6D, 70D.
• Nikon D80, D90, D610, D5300, D600, D7100, D5200, D5300, D800/D800e, D4, D3, D3s, D3x, D7000, D5000, D5100, D700, D300/D300s.
• Android 4.x
• If using WiFi, Nikon D5300, Canon 6D or Canon 70D, and a WiFi enabled android device.
• If using USB, any of the supported cameras, a USB OTG cable and an android device with full USB host support.
This is a beta version. If you’re looking for a stable version, please check the link above for the slingShot full version.
Google Plus community: