SMail - Secure Email client for message encryption and authentication
- S/MIME certificate public key or password based encryption and decryption
- S/MIME private key sign and signature verification
- S/MIME compress
- Supports S/MIME on POP3, IMAP4, SMTP and Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
- Various format support: Clear text or opaque signing, binary encoding for internal attachment to reduce message size
PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) support:
- Certificate chain verification with revocation checking
- Resolve contact certificates on LDAP and Exchange server (No pre-installation of contact certificate is required for an enterprise PKI)
- Options on the certificate and CRL caching and refreshing
- Auto retrieval of CRL and intermediate CA based on information in the certificate
- Validate certificate revocation status using OCSP
- Validate signing certificate with Exchange server
- Well balanced between security and usability
- Supports smart card (PKCS#11 or java key store. Still looking for public smart card middle-ware solution)
RSA, 3DES, AES, SHA1, SHA256, SHA512
Free edition has advertisement.
You can try the full functions for 14 days after installation. (Some functions and Exchange support may be disabled after the free trial period).
You can purchase to remove advertisement and enable advanced features:
Advanced features: AES256, SHA256, SHA512, CRL, OCSP, LDAP
Exchange: Use Exchange account, AES256, SHA256, SHA512,
Email client features:
- IMAP push and Exchange ActiveSync push
- Exchange ActiveSync contacts and calendar synchronization, GAL
- Two pane view mode for tablet
- Compose message in HTML rich text
- Mailboxes list widget
What is encrypted:
Private keys, password, draft messages (derived device key or user's public key), some security settings
What is not:
Normal plain text messages. (Application password is for access verification and not used for full database encryption)
Please press the help button when creating an account.
- If you setup an Exchange account and set SMail as device administrator, later if you want to uninstall SMail, please go to Settings -> Security -> Device administrators and un-check SMail before uninstallation.
- S/MIME Compression is a component of S/MIME to reduce the message size and encryption processing time. It is only effective if the message has a very long text or is signed/encrypted and internal attachment encoding is "binary"
- Password based encryption, compression and binary encoding may not be well supported by other email clients which support S/MIME and may cause problems. Please test before real use
- PGP is not supported but in planning
More email operations, Search, Exchange Tasks and Notes
For the name Gimy, it should be pronounced like Jimmy, which means highly classified secret in Chinese.
Oops, the app crashed!!!
-> Post a complain -> Nothing changed -> We are all unhappy
-> Send developer an email to seek for help -> Problem is fixed -> We are all happy
This developer is willing to help. If you find any bugs or have any problem, feel free to send a message to [email protected]
Please describe your problem in details and provide as much information as you can.
NOTE: Android L is not supported yet. Working on it