Tired of the display backlight suddenly dimming when you are in the middle of something? Wouldn't it be nice if your phone/tablet knew when you needed the light and when not? With SmartLight, the light will stay on as long as you have an app window open - and it will switch off once you return to the Home Screen or to the Applications Menu. No more tapping the screen to keep the light on!
★★★ On compatible phones and tablets (see below), SmartLight works right out of the box - no configuration (or editing of lists) required! ★★★
FOR HTC, SONY, SAMSUNG AND MOTOROLA PHONES AND TABLETS, AND FOR GOOGLE NEXUS 4, 5 & 7. (Also supports other models if you have one of the following launchers installed: Apex, Nova, Google Experience, GO Launcher Ex, Next Launcher 3D, Action Launcher, adw Launcher, Launcher Pro, Zeam.) (NOTE: GO Launcher Tab is not supported.)
• With SmartLight, the display backlight stays on as long as you have an app open.
• Once you return to the Home screen or to the Applications menu, the backlight will switch off as usual.
• For maximum effect, we recommend setting the display timeout to the minimum of 15 seconds. (Go to Settings > Display > Screen timeout).
• Autostart on bootup (only if Automatic Backlight was last enabled).
NOTE: When running with adw, GO Launcher Ex or Launcher Pro, the light will not stay on in the Contacts app.
NOTE: SmartLight is fully compatible with WidgetLocker, NoLED and Go SMS Pro. For technical reasons though, the light will not stay on in the configuration windows of these apps.
Problems or suggestions? Please email!
• Now fully compatible with WidgetLocker (Note: for technical reasons, the light will not stay on in the WidgetLocker configurations screen.)