SMS Parking is a convenience tool for paying parking with SMS by creating one or multiple profiles for each vehicle. Vehicle profiles can be exported/imported to/from the external storage. The app offers option to change the color of the profile icon as well. Based on user preference, SMS Parking can track and save user's location and display it on the map within the application, or offer navigation to his last parking position using external applications.
INFO: If you like the app but it still does not support your city, please contact us. We are looking for testers in different countries to extend the number of supported countries and cities.
NEW: Wearable extension for even easier parking with your Android wearable
In-App Purchase: The app offers premium user subscription which removes the ads. After completing the purchase process please restart the app completely for the changes to take effect.
IMPORTANT! Overview of Permissions use:
Read phone status and identity:
- required on some Lenovo devices (e.g A328) to allow sending of SMS messages (in addition to "send SMS messages")
Send SMS messages/edit your text messages (SMS or MMS)
- allows the application to send SMS messages to the Parking Zone service
- allows the application to store the sent SMS to the outgoing folder (if user has chosen that option from settings)
Receive text messages (SMS)/read your text messages (SMS or MMS)
- allows the application to detect when new SMS is received and process it to check whether it comes from Parking Zone service.
Approximate location (network-based)/precise location (GPS and network-based)
- allows the application to detect actual user position and save it as current parking position. Later this location is used to navigate the user to his car
Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage/read the contents of your USB storage
- allows the application to export and import parking profiles from the external storage
Full network access/view network connections
- allows the app to display Google Maps and show current user location on that map.
This application was originally developed for the M-Tel Application Factory contest.
Cities included by default in the latest version: Sofia, Plovdiv, Burgas, Pazardzhik, Ruse, Silistra, Veliko Tarnovo, Vidin, Blagoevgrad, Pleven, Stara Zagora, Vratsa, Bansko, Slanchev Bryag, Yambol
- Wearable extension
- Redesigned UI
- Integration of Google Analytics (option to opt-out) and Google Admob