'SMS Location Tracker' is a very 'simple-to-use' Location Tracker app that is lightweight in terms of CPU and battery usage. It helps people you authorize to locate you by sending a SMS with a pass code. The app will send back your location by SMS with a link to the google maps.It can also be used to find your lost phone.
NOTE**** Your device needs a sim card and SMS receiving ability to use this app. We get emails from customers saying it does not work on the wi-fi only E-pad - which is as expected! This is not a bug. ****
How to use : Simple Test
To do a simple test - set your passcode, then click "Enable Service" and send yourself (i.e. to your own mobile number) a sms with the passcode that you set. The app will then send you a autoresponse SMS with your location info. This is exactly how anyone who has your passcode can track your location with sms. Play around with the settings (like 'Use GPS' or 'Show Notifications') to understand how the app works. If you have questions or comments - please email us at the address below. And yes - please rate the app and 'Like' it to spread the word - thank you. 3G Bote Inc
How is it useful (a few examples):
- Most useful feature of this app is: Your loved one wants to find out where you are – but need not disturb you. They send an SMS and get your exact location in response.
- If you select "notifications off" in the settings – then everything happens in the background.
- Your near and dear ones can always find out your location. Privacy is protected since you give them a passcode
- The app runs as a service. So if you cannot answer the phone or are driving or just busy - it will still reply with an SMS of your current location without any interaction. You need to do nothing!
- You can choose to use notifications and sound or let everything happen silently.
- You can decide if you want to use GPS for accurate location or switch it off to get cell location based on network and/or WiFi
- The person sending an SMS to check where you are does NOT need any app - just send the sms with passcode from ANY phone that he or she has
- Parents can use it to track the location of their kids (as a safety feature)
- If you lose the phone - you can send an SMS from another phone and find out where it is
'SMS Location Tracker' gets the users current location based on the following
- GPS (if user has allowed this) and if GPS satellites are found ( Most accurate )
- Cell Network location based on triangulation
- WiFi network
- You can change the passcode in the app at anytime.
- You can disable this service whenever you want to.
- All messages with the passcode - and their replies are NOT shown in your phone's SMS log - since it will be redundant information. but you can access this information in a log file on your device
- All other SMSes (non passcode) will be treated as normal
- You can search for "MsgLog.txt" on your device - that contains all the logging information of who pinged you(phone number) and what message was sent
- Even though GPS is enabled - it is used only when a SMS with the passcode is received. Plus, the GPS is used only for a certain number of seconds and then timed out – so that there is minimal battery drain of your device.
- Passcode can be digits or letters or any combination thereof
- The passcode is case-insensitve. Eg, If your passcode is “JohnBigBoy12” – all passcodes such as JOHNbigboy12, JoHnBiGbOy12 etc are treated as valid SMS passcode messages
Keywords: SMS Location Tracker, SMS Finder, Lost Phone Finder, Find My Location
Updated in version 1.16:
- Performance improvements
What it does:
- You can set a SMS Passcode of your choice for the app - lets say "Location". Now share this passcode with anyone you want to (spouse, kids, close friend)
- Anyone with passcode can SMS you with the word "Location"
- The App will automatically sms them back your current location along with a link to google maps (see screenshots)