Paying for the things you want is as easy as a snap. No need to carry cash, load a wallet, worry about your card being skimmed or wait for a credit card terminal.
SnapScan allows you to:
- Make quick and convenient payments using only your phone
- Buy at shops and markets without handing over your card
- Pay with your debit or credit card (no extra wallet)
- See a list of previous transactions
- Locate great merchants close to you (across South Africa)
Simply install the app, link your credit or debit card and start shopping at any merchant displaying a SnapScan code. No need to deposit cash or load a wallet.
You will not be charged any additional transaction fee for using SnapScan.
- We are powered by Standard Bank (http://www.blog.standardbank.com/node/59487)
- SnapScan was developed by FireID Payments (http://www.fireidpayments.com)
- We’ve been featured on CNN.com (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YmjBlU-4B0)
- Our customer support team is here for you at [email protected]
- Contacts: only used to fill-in your own details during signup (if you select the option). Your address book is never uploaded to us.
- Bluetooth: used to detect SnapBeacons. Bluetooth is only used if you enable the SnapBeacon feature.
* Introducing SnapBeacons *
You can now pay without even scanning a code! Enable “SnapBeacons” in your profile settings and turn on Bluetooth. You will be able to pay in a single tap of the new Pay Here button that will show up at enabled merchants.
(The app will only use the Bluetooth and “run at startup” permissions while the SnapBeacons feature is switched on. Only available on devices with Android 4.3 or higher and BLE support. Only at selected merchants.)
- Bug fixes