Software Engineering Lite presents a concise treatise on the fundamental topics in Software Engineering and Unified Modeling Language (UML). An offline app, it features illustrated discussions, detailed case studies, and a set of multiple choice type questions for self-evaluation. Ample diagrams have been provided for reference.
Why use Software Engineering Lite?
* Brief and to-the-point theory on multiple topics in Software Engineering and UML so as to optimize reading time in hand-held devices
* A set of multiple choice questions for self-evaluation for each topic
* A case study on Library Information System consistently discussed across all the topics together with relevant diagrams
* References -- including books, websites and research articles -- used for each topic and recommended for further study
* Software Engineering Lite is light-weight and free of advertisements
Software Engineering covers several topics including, but not limited to:
* Identification and characterization of requirements with specific focus on functional requirements
* Estimation techniques, estimation of project metrics using COCOMO models, and Halstead's complexity metrics
* Modeling UML use case diagrams, different scenarios related to use case diagrams and identification of actors and use cases
* Modeling statechart and activity, their syntax and semantics
* Modeling UML class diagrams, its elements and relationship among different components
* Estimation of test coverage metrics, control flow graphs (CFGs), McCabe's Complexity metric, different methods for computation and the optimum values of the metric
This app is a valuable companion for students taking Software Engineering courses. It is a helpful guide for self-study covering basic concepts in Software Engineering. If you are studying the subject for the first time and looking for a Software Engineering tutorial for beginners or want a quick refresher, this is an useful resource. This is not merely a typical Software Engineering tutorial, but comes with MCQs and detailed case study on a typical library information system. So, take your time and learn at your own pace. And keep learning the software engineering fundamentals, methodologies and principles of software design even on the go!
Software Engineering Lite is an open source project released under GNU GPL v3 license (https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.txt). The source code can be found at https://github.com/barun-saha/software-engineering-lite. Please view the README.md file distributed with the source code for further details on the licensing terms.
Note: Software Engineering Lite is an unofficial port of the popular Software Engineering Virtual Lab (http://virtual-labs.ac.in/cse08/). The content used here are based on that used in the specified virtual lab, which has been released under a Creative Commons license. Contents are presented here as it is without any guarantee -- users are recommended to verify the same.
Software Engineering Lite is an individual effort. It does not bear any endorsement by the Virtual Labs project, or MHRD, Government of India, or any other related parties.
Note 2: Support for Android 2.1 (API level 7) has been dropped. Users with this Android version can download the previous release from http://barunsaha.me/downloads/SoftwareEngineeringLite_1.0.2.apk
- Fixed application crash encountered after updating to the previous version (1.1)