Make international business calls at the cost of local calls.
Your regular mobile number is shown to the people you call.
The app supports three methods for making calls.
1. CALL THRU. The app calls Sonetel's local access number in your country.
The call is then connected onward via Sonetel to the destination.
Cost: The mobile call to Sonetel's local number + The local call in the country that you are calling to.
2. CALL BACK. Sonetel calls both your mobile number and the destination you called - and then connects the two calls. You pay Sonetel for 2 local calls.
3. VOIP (IP-telephony). Your call is connected via your WiFi or 3G data connection to Sonetel.
You pay Sonetel for the local call at the destination.
You may also be charged for the mobile data usage by your mobile provider.
We recommend CALL THRU and CALL BACK since this delivers the best audio quality.
CALL BACK and VOIP works worldwide.
CALL THRU works in more than 50 countries; Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Cyprus, Czech republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic , El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Panama, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States.
The default - when calling with CALL THRU or CALL BACK is that the person you call sees your mobile number.
Optionally you can buy a local phone number in any preferred city and country from Sonetel and show that instead. Incoming calls on these phone numbers can be forwarded to your mobile number or answered in the app with VOIP (not recommended since mobile broadband is not dependable for VOIP calls).
Read more at http://www.sonetel.com
More information about the app: http://www.sonetel.com/android
1. Call back (new mode for making calls) added. Sonetel calls both you and the person you want to call - and then connects the two calls
2. You can show your regular mobile phone number to the person you call.
3. Various bug fixes