Best in class antivirus for your Android - Full features, no advertising, all free
Sophos is one of the IT security leaders for companies and governments worldwide. This award winning app comprehensively protects your Android device and your privacy without impacting performance or battery life. Using up-to-the-minute intelligence from SophosLabs, your apps will be automatically scanned as you install them. This antivirus functionality protects you from malicious software which can lead to data loss and unexpected costs. Moreover, if your device is lost or stolen, a remote lock or wipe will shield your personal information from prying eyes. This is what we call complete security!
• Award winning antivirus protection as confirmed by AV test (http://www.av-test.org)
• Scans apps as you install them
• On demand and scheduled scan of previously installed apps and files on external storage (such as SD cards)
• Displays Potentially Unwanted Apps (PUA) to help you recognize apps considered unsuitable for business or harming your privacy
• Uses Sophos threat intelligence from the cloud with up-to-the-minute malware information. The malware definition database gets updated continuously. Over 1 million malicious apps were identified by the Sophos Labs in 2014 alone.
Loss and Theft Protection
• Can receive commands from predefined phone numbers by text message (SMS)
• Supports remote commands for: Wipe, Lock, Alarm (Scream), Locate, Message to finder, Reset passcode
• Sends the device location before the battery dies
• Informs you if your SIM card is changed
• Block access to malicious or phishing websites
• Block access to inappropriate websites (parental control)
• Increase security by protecting selected apps with a password for startup
• Protect the device settings and Google Play store for example to ensure nothing essential can happen during an unattended moment
USSD Code Protection
• Protects your device from attacks via USSD codes. Register Sophos to scan every dialed number
• Detects apps which access personal data such as your address book
• Identifies apps which could create costs, for example by sending text messages
• Gives you advice on how to improve your security settings
Phone Spam Filter
• Blocks unwanted calls, defined by phone number,
SMS Spam Filter
• Filters incoming text messages (SMS), only below Android v4.4 (http://www.sophos.com/kb/120562)
Managed Mode (Sophos Mobile Control Advanced)
If this app is managed through Sophos Mobile Control (SMC) it will report the health status of your device to the management console, allowing your IT department to guarantee full IT security protection throughout the company at all times. The app will report found malware, potentially unwanted apps and apply the company’s security policy with regards to web-filtering, app protection and more.
How to uninstall: Use the new uninstallation wizard in the app’s settings menu. For manual uninstallation see http://sophos.com/kb/117456
Knowledge Base: http://sophos.com/kb/
Moderated Support Forum: http://community.sophos.com/products/mobile-device-protection/f/18
Looking to integrate premium antivirus into your app?
Whether you are an app developer, an EMM vendor or an IT security vendor, check the new Sophos anti-malware SDK for Android that allows you to integrate the Sophos antivirus engine into your own Mobile Apps and Solutions - simply and easily.
For more information, please refer to our product datasheet (www.sophos.com/AndroidSDK) or contact the Sophos OEM team (mailto:[email protected]
• Support of Android M Runtime Permissions