SoundHound is a music search and discovery experience that identifies music being played around you. Tap the orange button to instantly identify songs and see lyrics, share, stream, buy or simply explore more about artists you know and love or have just discovered.
Exclusive: You can also search by singing or humming into SoundHound, making it the only app in the world that can give you results through unique sing/hum search technology.
When you SoundHound a song, you can:
· Save & add to your Spotify or Rdio playlist
· Listen to the full song, and follow along with our exclusive LiveLyrics®, right in SoundHound with a connected Spotify Premium account
· View lyrics, moving real-time with the music
· Access artist photos & biographies
· View album release date & band info
· Watch music videos - choose your favorites or browse the top videos others are watching
· Preview songs & album reviews
· Share your favorite songs to Facebook and Twitter
· Launch Spotify, Rdio, Pandora, or Google Play Radio
· Purchase songs or albums instantly in Google Play
· Control the TouchTunes Jukebox and play your songs at select venues
· Check out the hottest in new music
From the home screen, scroll to explore:
· Artists Born Today, showcasing artists on their birthday, everyday
· Music Charts, including Global, Emerging, and Popular by Genre
· Music Map of discoveries near you locally & around the world
· Facebook and Twitter updates from your favorite performers
· Weekly featured songs, videos, artists and albums
· Similar artists and album recommendations
· Your History, showing your previous searches (register to ensure your discoveries are never lost!)
SoundHound all you like – it’s free and unlimited. Don’t want banner ads? Upgrade to SoundHound Infinity.
Reviews and Honors
· Top 10 Must-Have iPhone Apps - Bob Tedeschi, NY Times
· Best Music Engagement App - BILLBOARD Music App Awards
· Essential iPad App - "Seriously fast" - John Herrman, Gizmodo
· "Genius, isn't it?" - B.B.C. World Radio
· "This is amazing... insane, right?" - David Pogue, NY Times
Explanation of requested permissions:
Used to record audio for both music and voice search.
CHANGE YOUR AUDIO SETTINGS
Used to ensure optimal audio recording settings.
FINE (GPS) LOCATION, COARSE (NETWORK-BASED) LOCATION
Used to enhance search results and remember where a search took place, which is displayed through History. This can be disabled in app settings.
FULL INTERNET ACCESS
Used to communicate with servers for search results and other content.
READ PHONE STATE AND IDENTITY
Used to mute SoundHound audio when receiving phone calls.
MODIFY/DELETE USB STORAGE CONTENTS MODIFY/DELETE SD CARD CONTENTS
Used to cache data.
Used to notify when search results are ready.
VIEW WI-FI STATE
Used to allow usage through WI-FI.
VIEW NETWORK STATE
Used to detect when internet access is available.
READ GOOGLE SERVICES
Used for displaying searches on a map.
ENABLE GOOGLE MESSAGING
Used to notify when personalized content is available.
You told us. We listened. With this update you have the option to turn off push notifications within the SoundHound app settings.
Follow these steps: Settings -> Push Notification -> Uncheck the box
- Improved registration flow -> Sign up now to save your SoundHound history for easy access. You can change your email address anytime you want.
- New languages available: Indonesian, Thai
- Performance improvement of LiveLyrics
- Minor bug fixes and setting updates