Space Junk Pro is a satellite tracker, and planet, star, and constellation viewer for mobile phones and tablets. It uses your current location, current time, and current satellite data to show you what is currently in your sky. Use it to find the International Space Station or Hubble Space Telescope or hundreds of other fascinating things roaming across the dynamic canvas of your night sky!
* Shows satellites, planets, stars, and constellations.
- solar system computations using white paper by Paul Schlyter
- satellite TLE data from NORAD feed at celestrak.com
- uses sgp4 c++ port
* Sky View mode ( planetarium sky map view )
- tag satellite flyby by touching a satellite as it goes overhead
- tag planets, stars, and constellations by just tapping on them while in the view
- share tagged objects with friends on your Facebook feed
* Earth View mode ( view earth from space )
- shows "you are here" marker with proper orientation for what your device is pointed at
- day / night shading
- satellite viewing bands indicate when satellites are visible in your sky
* Choose from:
- Brightest satellites
- Favorite satellites
- Amateur radio satellites
- Iridium constellation satellites
* Displays paths of satellite fly-overs
* Uses location services to determine your global position
* Uses NTP ping for accurate time
* Night Mode to reduce eye shock
* Facebook integration:
- publish the satellites you've spotted
- update your favorites list at http://home.xyzw.us/star3map/user.php
* Updates data when network connection is available
* Uses cached copy when away from network
If you have any problems, please email [email protected]
I will respond quickly and provide an update if there is a bug in the software.
Keywords: planetarium, astronomy, skymap, sky map, star chart, star map, satellite tracker, night mode, satellite finder, NASA, NORAD, TLE, Celestrak, dragon c2+, spacex
Version 2.0.8 fixes some satellite TLE update issues.
Version 2.0.7 hopefully fixes the problem most ICS users seem to be getting.
Version 2.0.6 to fix Qualcomm driver issues.
Version 2.0.4 fixes a problem with magnetic declination.