Speaker is a really simple application. What does it do? It simply speaks using Android TTS. Once you configure your TTS settings (Menu -> Settings -> Text input and output), Speaker can read incoming SMS, calls and more.
* Speaking SMS messages with the senders name (It'll say something like "Jasmin texted you saying, I'd love to meet up on the green at two pm"), however stripping out them smiley faces and links so you don't get confusing things spoken
* Announcing a caller. Wanting to ignore everyone except a special someone? Well, it'll announce who's calling and then keep telling you
* Skip silent. Want Speaker to shut up while your on silent? Speaker can do this, or whatever you prefer
* Headphones-only mode. This means that if you plug your headphones in, Speaker will notify you otherwise shuts up
* Audio ducking. This will turn down your volume by a couple of notches so you can actually hear what the speaker is telling you. (If you're running Froyo, this feature is done by your system).
* Speak Desktop Notifications. If an app supports "desktop notifications" via this app: https://market.android.com/details?id=org.damazio.notifier then they will automatically be read out by Speaker if you wish!
So yeah, please enjoy, rate, review and look at my other apps.
If you get any issues, please email me!
If you are a developer you can add support for your app using the details here:
Like @kennydude apps on Facebook:
Apologies for the delay. AS levels are difficult! Thank you for everyone using this * Fixing bugs
* Debugging added
* Telephony is no longer required. Should work on Tablets
(Sorry, 18.104.22.168 didn't get pushed. Strange error on Google Play)
* Fixing issues. Notifications are cancellable and queable
* New Pro Feature: Phrase Player
* Fix Force Close when pro is not purchased
* Removed permissions silly me left in!