Speech Assistant is a medical AAC app designed for people who are speech impaired. This may be in the case of aphasia, MND/ALS, autism, stroke, vocal cord problems or other speech problems.
With the app you can create categories and phrases, which are placed on buttons. With these buttons you can create messages that can be shown or spoken (text-to-speech). It is also possible to type any text using the keyboard.
The app is easy to use and can be completely customized to your needs and preferences.For all devices
• The app is available for smartphones and tablets.
• Portrait and landscape layout for all devices.Categories and phrases
• Add, change or delete your own phrases.
• You can create categories to organize your phrases for quick access.
• Long press (optional setting) to easily edit the phrase and category buttons.
• Option to Backup and Restore your categories and phrases.Fully Customizable
• The size of the buttons, the textbox and the text can be adjusted.
• The app has various color schemes and you can also create a personal color scheme.Full screen
• Show your message full screen with a very large font.
• Useful for communicating in a noisy environment.Other features
• Connect a bluetooth keyboard and create shortcuts for the functions Speak, Clear and Show.
• Button to share your message to mail, text and social media.
• Option for preventing double tapping by disabling the button (for a short time) after touching.
• Undo option in case of unintentionally tapping the clear button.
• Button to make an attention sound. Speech
The voice is not part of the app, but the app uses the voice that’s installed on your device. For instance the voices from Google Text-to-Speech. You can change the voice in the settings of your device. You can also download other voices from the Google Play Store from companies like SVOX or Acapela. Feedback and information
For feedback, questions, tips or problems, please contact: [email protected]
More information: http://www.a-soft.nl/speechassistant-tips.html Full version
In the settings of the app you can upgrade to the full version with additional features like more categories and phrases, customizable action buttons, pronunciation corrections and much more.
- Small improvements and fixes.
- New button to rotate the text to show your message to the person opposite of you (full version).