This application can be used to be warned about the presence of speed cameras, overtaking checkers and mean speed checkers. It has been designed to work with other navigation software like Google Navigator with a minimal user interface.
**With this application you don't receive any speed camera database as default (see notes)**
Speed Trap is on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Speed-Trap/718386398185978
- No ads
- Vocal and sound advice with range indication and "ceased alert"
- You can update the "poi" list whatever you want
- The data upload is done via file, so you can modify it adding or removing points
- No extra authorization
- Search via angular sectors
- You can configure: fixed and mobile speed camera, overtaking checkers, traffic light T-Red, mean speed checkers, speed boxes and no traffic zones
- Indication of database items loaded and last update date/time
- It works offline with the exception of map editor based on Google Maps
- Map editor to see all your poi and you can delete and add them! You can add points with map long click, with manual insertion of coordinates or with your last GPS position
- Advice with vibration
- You can concatenate more than one file for each category
- You can activate your protection with speed trap pro widget from your home screen or lock screen!
- The application can now starts/stops itself automatically when connected to a bluetooth device
- You can integrate the app with Tasker/Locale with the Auto Speed Trap plugin.
- Start the service with Google Now/SVoice with Voice Speed Trap plug-in
- Turn on your screen only when needed
- HUD mode
- You can start automatically an app according to your preferences
You have 15 minutes to ask for a refund. If you want to try this app for free then you can download the free version "Speed Trap".
Would you like to have this app translated in your language? Help us to translate it!
Application works with:
The speed field is not mandatory.
You can transform into csv format from other formats for example from: http://www.gps-data-team.com/convert.php
You can download point from here for example: http://www.scdb.info or http://www.poiplaza.com or http://www.poi-factory.com/
Speed Trap doesn't connect to any site. The author is not involved with any sites, the sites mentioned are not an advice or a constraint, you can use any data sources.
The detection accuracy can change according to some parameters: with a bigger detection range and a bigger sector angle, you can receive alerts for example for speed camera near to you but not on the same road. On the other hand you increase the detection probability. You can adjust the parameters whatever you want according to your preferences.
You can send me an email for questions/feedbacks.
Terms of service
This application uses software with LGPL license: http://home.wlu.edu/~levys/software/kd/.
The author of this app is not responsible about the possible fraudulent use of this app and it does not grant the correct detection of all points in your database because it depends on external factors like your hardware (GPS) performance.
Fix gps warning on some devices
List of app in alphabetical order
Added new information section
Menu changes for Android-L